Thursday, May 24, 2007

The bus, the bus!!!






Okay rise and shine....At approximately 4:30am everyone arrived and we left right at 5:25!! Many Mouthe's shouting....Michigan or Bust!!!!


I have to tell you, if you ever want to take a 10 hour bus ride...Take Rise' and Mark!!!!!! I am not kidding, you want these two on the bus with you. Let me just say, instead of being on a coach bus, we felt like we were all in first class, champagne was the only thing missing;) Up and down the aisle they walked, handing out first yogurt, homemade muffins, fruit, juice, milk, cheese sticks, homemade cookies, raspberry bars and peanut butter treats...Oh and the best chex mix, that contained just about everything!!! Okay, I'm sorry, I know this is not a food weblog, so I will get on to the story!!


The ride was great, it went just splendid, only one spilled coffee, which was no big deal and one smashed banana. All in all, it was just fine!


We arrived, got checked in and headed to the dorms!! We were told that we had the BEST dorm rooms around, and yes, they were great. We decorated the kids doors...Kelly got all sorts of goodies, glittery sparkly stars...a wipe board and plenty of other little things to make the kids have the whole experience. These kids were totally pumped and excited. The whole atmosphere is electric and contagious!!! You want to be a kid and compete...hey, there's a thought....how about an adult Ootm??? ;)


After we got settled into dorm life, we headed over to the dining hall and had such a great dinner, college dining has come a long way, there was whitefish, full salad buffet, Chinese food and lots more...again, not a food blog, so I will stop there:)


When everyone was done with dinner, we headed over for a nice brisk walk to get to the stadium to watch the opening ceremony. Walking over you couldn't help but look at every single shirt that the other competitors had on, i wanted to shout out, "Hey Connecticut, Hey California, Oh hey there Singapore, Germany, How ya doin'?" The campus is very colorful and like I said, ELECTRIC!!!!


I tried to take as many pictures as I could, and I do have some videos. Please forgive me if they are in no particular order, the laptop that I am using is unfamiliar to me and quite frankly...I NEED TO GET BACK TO THE CAMPUS!!!

No comments: